Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I too am rethinking schools ...

I printed the "Rethinking Schools Online" article by Sarah Heller McFarlane (I seem to prefer to print things out and read them this way instead of reading them off of the computer screen ) and agreed with so many things that were Sarah had written. Where do I begin? Yes, we definitely must "... consider the potential promises and perils of using technology in the classroom." This comes first as far as I can see as rules must be made and parameters set at the get -go. I also agree that there is a time factor involved "... educators need time to learn and change." I know this process has started and will continue but how quickly can we "catch - up" because things seem to be moving quickly out there. I think that one of my biggest concerns is the "... one person alone with one machine.." scenerio that this article refers to. Are we encouraging our students to become part of a new culture where face to face interaction becomes rare? I guess not but ... I do wonder.
So those are my "glass-half empty" thoughts ... "glass half full" thoughts to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment